Hinder - Without You

Without you .. I live a little more everyday...

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Meaning of Words & Words of Meaning...

Love

Liefde
Amour
Liebe
Αγάπη
Amore

사랑
Amor
Влюбленность
Amor

Right above are 12 different languages of the same word according to babelfish. I you just see a string of "Влюбленность" Me not knowing russian would have just ignore this word ... but when u know the meaning of the word... u would visualize that word that meaning right ?

Like what the Indian guy in the train station said to NEO in The Matrix , Love is but a word its the meaning behind the word that makes it special.

But the question I asking myself today is that can words exist before the meaning of it?

I myself don't think it can....

I feel that words are just a tool for the visualization/communication of a feeling/meaning.

In this case I feel that words cannot exist be meaning. And Meaning is how all words exist, u might not understand Влюбленность means but you would understand the meaning if its shown to you. when you show a picture of a mother hugging her baby and smiling happily you might think of "LOVE" while Russians might think of "Влюбленность" but the Idea is the same both mean "LOVE" in different language... its the Idea/reason/logic that is universal.

Is it not ?


No comments: